Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jadisrose

Fragrant flowers for narrow border

jadisrose
16 years ago

Hi, I'm going to replant the "L" shaped border near my pool this spring. It's only 2.5 feet wide and it's tucked just inside a retaining wall with a concrete walkway between the garden and pool. Can anyone suggest some relatively low maintenance, heavy bloomers that have a nice fragrance? Perennials or Annuals - both are fine. I just want lots of flowers and a lovely fragrance. One long border (36')is on the north side of a retaining wall (It gets lots of reflected light but it's definitely bright shade not direct sun. I find myself wishing for fragrant impatiens (LOL)) The other (~24' long) is on west side of a tall retaining wall - It get's lots of direct afternoon sun. I'm excited about the project but everything I can think of that's a very reliable bloomer either doesn't have a fragrance or suffers (melts out) in the heat and humidity. Please share your ideas! (BTW- this area is overcrowded with African Iris right now - I'm sure I'll have more than enough to share when I move them!)