Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fragrant flowers for narrow border

Posted by jadisrose z8 TLH FL (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 08 at 14:27

Hi, I'm going to replant the "L" shaped border near my pool this spring. It's only 2.5 feet wide and it's tucked just inside a retaining wall with a concrete walkway between the garden and pool. Can anyone suggest some relatively low maintenance, heavy bloomers that have a nice fragrance? Perennials or Annuals - both are fine. I just want lots of flowers and a lovely fragrance. One long border (36')is on the north side of a retaining wall (It gets lots of reflected light but it's definitely bright shade not direct sun. I find myself wishing for fragrant impatiens (LOL)) The other (~24' long) is on west side of a tall retaining wall - It get's lots of direct afternoon sun. I'm excited about the project but everything I can think of that's a very reliable bloomer either doesn't have a fragrance or suffers (melts out) in the heat and humidity. Please share your ideas! (BTW- this area is overcrowded with African Iris right now - I'm sure I'll have more than enough to share when I move them!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fragrant flowers for narrow border

Will this area attract bees or wasps?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here