Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie Qustions

Posted by DeniseZone9A 9A (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 14:29

Lafitte LA-jso. of N.O. Any help is most appreciated!

Cypress Vine-thinking about growing it in some kind of free (if possible) container and training it up atrellis. Any idea how many seeds in what size container? Any idea how long it will take to be about 6" tall by mid-June?
I want to make a room screen with the vines.

Delphiniums-when is best time to plant seeds?

How fast will Carolina Jessanibe grow here? Just planted 6 from Lowes

When do I trim a Confederate Jamine? This one is about 3-5 years old and not big-i don;t know what is wrong with it? Never been trimmed.

Any suggestions on some type of home mixed flower potting soil that I can make? i need a lot-like 30 large bags of it.

I hate dollar weeds.

Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie Qustions

Delphiniums won't grow in zone 9a. We have to get blooming plants right now, already mature, and they won't survive our heat for next year. The only ones I've seen are in about 10" pots for $24.95. Not worth it. They won't live long enough this far south to bloom if you start them from seed. However, next fall, you can plant larkspurs from seed in the fall to bloom in the spring; that's what we have to do instead of delphiniums.

If you need that much potting soil, it would be cheaper for you to buy a couple of yards of soil from a soil yard. There may be one in your area that has a potting mix, or you can get a good soil and mix your own.

I hate dollar weeds, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here