Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did I nick my seeds too early?

Posted by heidiho St. Martinville L (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 9, 12 at 16:00

I've got Heavenly Blue & Scarlet O'Hara Morning Glory's.
I nicked them last night and was going to soak them for a few hours today to put into peat pots for seedlings but realized it's only Feb. and may be too early to put them out. How long do they take to grow as seedlings? Frost is over down here as we have had no
If it's too early can I put them up for another month or so even though they are nicked or have I ruined them>
If I can save them should I leave them in an open container or can I put them in a ziplock?
Thanks for the time and have a nice day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did I nick my seeds too early?

Hi,
I think they will be fine to sow later or you can plant them in pot and place them in your garage when cold weather comes.

I have Grandpa Ott's that have self-sown and one is flowering now! Of course we haven't had very cold weather here. I also noticed that Emma's gift is popping up on the lawn.

o
RE: Did I nick my seeds too early?

• Posted by heidiho St. Martinville La. (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 10, 12 at 15:45

Guess I'll pot them up in the larger size peat pots then just stick 'em in the ground when it gets a little warmer
Thanks for the helpful advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here