Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ricomcsuave

How can I help my Reseda Odorata to grow healthy?

RicoMcSuave
11 years ago

Hello everybody!

I have a young Reseda Odorata, I've been taking care of it for six months now. It survived the winter and I think that's great news! However all I've ever done is water it...

Is there anything else I should be doing to it? Like fertilizing or something else I probaby don't know about? I am a complete newbie when it comes to gardening, and that's why I'm here.

Could anyone please give me some good pointers on how to specifically take care of a Reseda? I'd very much appreciate it, and I'm sure my plant will, too! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some more info: The plant is still in its greenhouse black bag pot from when it was bought. The stem is about 18 inches tall, and it's thin as a twig, however it's got a few branches near the top, and that's where most of the leaves are. The leaves are healthy bright green but are getting a bit darker, I assume that's because of their age.

The plant's located in a small terrace/balcony (partially covered by a lattice), facing west and a large yard, so I'd say it gets plenty of sunlight through the day without it getting the full brunt of the sun. The weather here is usually very hot and humid, I live in the Gulf Coast.

I used to water it every third day like I was told when I got the plant, but the leaves would dry out very quickly, so now I water it once a day after the sun's gone down. I spray its leaves with an atomiser, and pour about 2 tequila shots worth of water near the base of the stem. I figure this way it'll stay hydrated without drowning.

I've also been thinking about adding ground banana peels for added nourishment (I heard somewhere this was good for plants), but I don't know for sure if this would help a Reseda or harm it instead.

I also talk to it! I tell it to hang in there when it looks down, that it's doing a great job when it's looking perky or has a growth sprout, and that when it grows and blooms it'll smell awesome!

And that's all that comes to my mind right now. Thanks in advance for any help! :D

Sponsored