Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
unknown squash

Posted by texascuda 78332 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 10, 08 at 8:53

I've been looking for seeds for a squash variety referred to as calabaza or mexican squash. However the google searches I did for this squash all produced something entirely different. The squash I buy at the grocery is light green, mottled with streaky spots of a lighter green and shaped somewhat like a combination of zucchini and yellow straight-neck squash. The flesh is white. It is labled calabaza in the store also. I've seen only very young squash so no chance of harvesting these seeds. Anyone have a correct name for these?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: unknown squash

I kept searching and did find a name for this squash. It's called "tatuma" and the only seed source I found on the net is Fanick's Home and Garden in San Antonio. It's a very nice little squash if anyone cares to try it!

o
name this wildflower

This is a prolific, spreading vine, feathery foliage, low to the ground with small lilac colored spires of flowers, Easy to pull out and delicate, but grows like mad. Please tell what this plant is called. I see it everywhere along the Texas roadsides.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here