Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
There's Fungus Amongst-Us

Posted by Tullia Dunedin (My Page) on
Wed, May 28, 14 at 8:47

Good morn,

This is my second year container gardening using a 5 gallon bucket method. I have about 25 plants. In April they started getting hit with a fungus - mostly the cucumbers, zucchini, and squash. I sprayed the squash with milk and it seemed like it was getting better. A couple days ago it seemed to come back with maybe a rust fungus on the zucchini and the squash has white fuzzy mold spots under the leaves....I went out and bought "Garden Safe Neem Oil Extract 3in1" last night, but am concerned about the safety and effect on bees. It says for organic gardening. Has anyone else been able to combat these problems any other way? Is neem oil a good/safe choice? I am still new to this, but am applying for the Master Gardener course so hopefully I can gain the knowledge to work thru these issues.. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here