Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
panoply76

Where might I find & buy...

Panoply76
10 years ago

I've looked and looked but can't seem to find anyone selling 'Tuatha' Clematis. If y'all have any ideas, I'd much appreciate it. Also, where should a post like this go in these forums?

Thanks!
Pano

Comments (6)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

Hmm... here's probably as good of a place as any. There's a LA/MS forum too. Were you wanting to buy in person or over the internet?

• Panoply76
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'd MUCH prefer to buy them in person, but will resort to the internet if I must. I've only done that once, when I was after Blue Passion Flower Vines and TWO DIFFERENT nurseries ordered them for me and each time they were NOT blue but a sort of violet.
    Actually, If I can't get them in person - have my nursery order them for instance - I'd likely not buy them. It would help, I hink, to present to my nursery websites that do offer them to see if they are willing to order them.

Thanks!

10 years ago

Hmm... got curious and googled the name of that Clematis and I think you may have seen a picture with a someone's nickname attached to it, Tuatha. I think you just need to find the right name and then the Clematis you saw should be one you can find.

• wally_1936
    10 years ago

Talk with your local good nursery owner and see if they will help you with your request.

• Panoply76
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Purple.....you're probably dead right.

I'm a bit embarrassed, but the reason I wanted it was BECAUSE of the name 'Tuatha.' The Tuatha de Danaan are a semi-mythological people who were the first invaders of Ireland way back in prehistory. There are legends galore about them. They were the Celt's (when they in their turn invaded) 'little people.' Fairies, etc. People certainly lived in Ireland before the Celts brought their war winning innovation, the chariot, to conquer it. Whether they bear any resemblance to what the stories say is.... unlikely. But exist they did.

I am a hopeless history nerd, and while Ireland is definitely not one of my main areas of interest I have read a fair amount of that troubled isle's history. Not to boast, but I've read a good bit on just about any European people you'd care to name. Early Modern Europe, the HRE and Byzantium are my main areas of interest, though.

Thanks!
    Pano

10 years ago

I do think that's pretty cool and actually saw stuff about that when I was trying to figure this out. I was interested because my son is half Irish. ...and when aren't mythical peoples NOT interesting? LOL!

I guess the good news is that you could call whatever Clematis you find by that name. Technically, the most proper thing to do would be to grow 2 different Clems, pollinate one with the other, grow those seeds, then that NOID plant would truly need a name.

Sponsored