Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Confederate Jasmine and Aluminum Fence

Posted by angela_o (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 15:49

Hi! I planted Confederate (Star) Jasmine beside an aluminum pool fence two years ago. It is spreading nicely, smells great, requires no care, seems great.
Some of the vines are already an inch in diameter, however. Aluminum is so light and soft. I'm wondering if the jasmine is soon going to bend the fence. Does anyone have any experience with confederate jasmine on an aluminum fence? I can move it now, with little difficulty. I don't require it for privacy, but I am fond of the plant. It's not worth damaging the fence for, though.

And I did post in the Vines forum, as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Confederate Jasmine and Aluminum Fence

I don't have experience with Confederate jasmine and an aluminum fence. I do have a chain link fence (which I assume is the same as an aluminum fence), and it actually has trees growing through it, but it hasn't affected the strength of the fence. So I'd feel pretty sure that the Confederate vine won't do any damage to yours, but hopefully others will chime in as well.

o
RE: Confederate Jasmine and Aluminum Fence

Hi, I can't say about the chain link fence but my several years old Confederate Jasmine is in the process of dismantling my home built arbor which is built with 4 by 4 pressure treated posts. So good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here