Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my peaches ?

Posted by john222-gg ms./8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 16:21

My peaches failed this year. Normally they would be full of peaches and fully leaved out at this time. This year when they bloomed the blooms were small had no fruit inside .There were A few small fruits that were doformed. Not sure what happened. Anny suggestions welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my peaches ?

Hi John- You didn't mention how old the tree was but sometimes my peaches will have a bad year with production and then be fine again next season. The thing you wrote that sounds like maybe more than an off year was 'fully leafed out'. That could be a sign a trouble if the branches are not healthy and full of leaves. Is the overall condition of the tree OK?

o

My trees are 6 years old have been producing good peaches.I might have messed up on my fertilizer I fertilized a little early this year.My trees started blooming early we had a warm winter.The trees look fine just moving slow.Bill I appreciate your interest.

o

My peaches fall off the tree and some has injury. I made a big mistake by not praying any thing. I learned my lesson dormant oil spray before bloom is a must. I started to spray late CAPTAN. Two sprays and the falling stopped but it too late all I have about 6 peaches over three trees, They recommend two dormant oil spray before bloom then CAPTAN WEEKLY FOR AT LEAST 6 SPRAYS. Also I lost all my appricot crop. Figs are doing fine and I crossing my fingers. Blackberry and blueberry are doing fine

o

Thanks for the response.I do spray dormant and captain mixed with Spectriacide for bugs & borers. I lost one tree to borers this year that I had fought with for 3 years.Once they get in your tree it is all most impossible to get rid of them.Even though I have no peaches I keep spraying every 2 weeks just to protect my trees thanks for response.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gulf Coast Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here