Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
panoply76

Extreme beginner w/ question on Asclepias

Panoply76
11 years ago

Hello Y'all,

I have recently planted 2 Asclepias curassavica plants, one orange the other yellow. They also were bought from different sellers. The orange one is going gangbusters. The yellow is not thriving much at all and may ineed be on it's way to botanical heaven. The pot I transplanted the yellow one to differs from the one I put the orange on in in the following ways. It has no layer of rocks at the bottom and may not be able to void excess water.

Besides the obvious fixes apparent above, I was wondering if you all could give me any pointers on this plant. Was htis the right time to plant? (the woman at the nursery assured me it was) How long should they remain in the pots I've put them in, they have a great deal of room with which to develop their roots in them. Should I take them indoors on (the very rare) very cold nights? How often should I fertilize them? (i use miracle grow) How often to water them - just keep the soil ever so slightly damp or....? Whatever else y'all'd care to share would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,

Panoply76

Comments (3)

Sponsored
All American Painting Plus
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars114 Reviews
Loudoun County Paint & Wall Coverings Professional: Best of Houzz