Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cracked PC handle

Posted by herosoup none (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 1, 14 at 16:36

I got a 22 qt mirro pressure canner for Christmas (yay!) and today I planned to take it for a test run. However while it was building pressure and steam started escaping through the handle (which I've read elsewhere on these forums is normal), I noticed the handle was cracked. I took the PC off the heat because that crack freaked me out. I plan to exchange it on the weekend, but I guess I'm posting a picture of it here to confirm this isn't normal.

Happy new year everyone!
-A

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cracked PC handle

No it is not normal. Return/exchange it. Better yet get money back and buy a Presto instead. The quality of Mirro canners has really declined drastically over the past several years since the company was sold.

Dave

o

I agree absolutely with Dave's comments. That is NOT normal and may be a sign of other serious issues to come. Good thing you can return it. And do take a look at the Presto. Unlike Mirro the company remains under the same ownership, and manufacture and parts availability so far are very consistent.

Carol

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 1, 14 at 23:43

Here's one more nay vote on the new Mirro. And I apologize to whoever picked it out for you, gifted it to you. The vintage are gems, I use mine all the time. You couldn't convince me to buy a new one over Presto though, the old vs. new - no comparison.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here