Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are 24 oz jars really coming back?

Posted by pixie_lou 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 18, 12 at 16:24

I see them on the Goodmans.com web site. They claim they are on back order, will be back in stock on 23 February. I don't see them on the Ball Fresh Preserving web site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pint and a half jars

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are 24 oz jars really coming back?

pressurecanning.net also has them for pre-order. Ball did that survey with lots of us last year about if we wanted them and said if the response was positive enough they would bring them back. I hope it was enough.

Dave

o

Looks like it is - though maybe they're waiting to see how many pre-order before they actually start production.

$10 for 9 jars doesn't seem bad, but I won't pre-order since it's not worth it to pay shipping. But if shipping was free (Ace or Walmart "site to store") then I might.

o

I didn't even notice that there were only 9 jars in the box. Thanks for pointing that out. I did notice that they are shown as wide mouth jars - which doesn't exactly thrill me either.

I'm tempted to order some, but if you add in shipping, it's still cheaper for me to buy commercial spaghetti sauce and dump the contents.

o

• Posted by Materex zone 10, S.W.fl (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 19:52

pixie lou...you made me laugh about your comment about buying commercial spaghetti and dumping the contents, but you do have a point. I like to give people my salsa and green tomato pickles and I don't mind the hours of my labor or the expense of running the stove, but the expense of the glass jars (if they're not returned) bothers me.

P.S. I grew up around glass, in Winchester, Indiana where Anchor Hocking is, not for from Dunkirk where Kerr glass was and lived in Muncie, Home of Ball Brothers. Also working at a V-8 factory in a tiny town call Saratoga.

o

The classico jars are smaller than they used to be. I asked my sister to save some for me since she bought some at a bogo sale. I have one of the pint and a half jars that was given to me from freecycle a few years ago. I haven't used it much since it is the only one I have.

Goodman's has a special right now if you like them facebook they will give you a code for 5% off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here