Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mango salsa

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 19:42

I don't know if this is the right place to post this question but here goes. I recently bought a jar of Newmann's Own Mango Salsa. I love it! Has anyone ever tried making their own mango salsa? Anyone have a recipe to share? Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mango salsa

For fresh eating/refrigeration or for canning?

There are many different Mango Salsa recipes available for fresh eating and keeping in the fridge for short periods. Google pulls up 10 or 12 different ones.

But for canning for shelf storage there are some restrictions. I linked the tested and approved USDA recipe below (just scroll down to page 13 for the Mango recipe).

Dave

PS: if canning it be sure to note that the mangoes used must still be green, not ripe. Fully ripe mangoes are a low-acid fruit.

Here is a link that might be useful: NCHFP Sensational Salsas

o

Yes "marric". It's not a right place to post but had you got your answer related to your query.

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 8:42

Thanks for the link digdirt. Great recipes!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here