Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deni Jar-vac?

Posted by gardenman101 Z6 Spingfield, Ma (gardenman101@aol.com) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 22:34

I was watching a video on youtube about a woman from LDS I think her name was Wendy Dewitt. Well anyways she uses regular jars (speggetti suace, jelly, etc.) with a deni jar-vac, which sounds like a good idea (considering the amount of jars we go through every week) I was wondering if anyone knew where to pick one up? The company im assuming discontinued makeing them.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deni Jar-vac?

That specific brand/model, no, I don't although the company is still in business so they may be able to guide you to one. A Google search for it pulls up all sorts of negative reviews about it so perhaps that is why it is no longer made.

But Foodsaver makes a good jar vacuum system that has been discussed here several times in the past. Of course you first have to buy the base unit.

Dave

o

I have watched this video and really it sound like good idea.

o

Thanks Dave.
I did get ahold of the company and they really wernt any help at all. I have the FoodSaver vac. and love it. I use it on my mason jars allthough I havnt gotten the small mouth jar sealer yet. I was just hoping to use the assorted non-mason jars as well. I guess Ill have to pick up some oxegyn absorbers if i want to use theese jars. From the video that DeWitt has it just sounded like a good idea.

o

Ok I now have the small mouth jar attachment for the foodsaver and a small supply of oxegyn absorbers for non-mason jars. Next question has to do with dehydrators and instead of new post i figured id ask here. Has anyone tried the "STX DEHYDRA 1200W - XLS 10 TRAY COMMERCIAL 100% STAINLESS FOOD DEHYDRATOR"? for the price it seems nice. I was leaning toward the excaliber one then I saw this one. If I remember correctly it was made in the USA. I have a cheap one someone gave me, but the problem is after a while the plastic trays get brittle and crack and break. I figured if Im going to buy one i might as well go semi top of the line and not have to worry about them. Any input would be appreciated. TY

o

I have had a wanted post on eBay for the past year. Deni JarVac was only listed a couple of times. They sold well in excess of $100, except last week one was listed for $99 Buy-It-Now and today a new one for $30 Buy-It-Now (I bought it - sorry!).

However, I've created a work around solution for those of you who have the FoodSaver (I got mine for $1).

Get FoodSaver's 3 Vacuum Storage Containers (Amazon). Use them just like the JarVac. I use the large one for my regular canning jars, as I've never been able to get the regular jar sealer to work (although the wide-mouth works like a charm).

Enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here