Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenman101

Deni Jar-vac?

gardenman101
11 years ago

I was watching a video on youtube about a woman from LDS I think her name was Wendy Dewitt. Well anyways she uses regular jars (speggetti suace, jelly, etc.) with a deni jar-vac, which sounds like a good idea (considering the amount of jars we go through every week) I was wondering if anyone knew where to pick one up? The company im assuming discontinued makeing them.

Thanks

Comments (5)

• digdirt2
    11 years ago

That specific brand/model, no, I don't although the company is still in business so they may be able to guide you to one. A Google search for it pulls up all sorts of negative reviews about it so perhaps that is why it is no longer made.

But Foodsaver makes a good jar vacuum system that has been discussed here several times in the past. Of course you first have to buy the base unit.

Dave

• eircsmith
    11 years ago

I have watched this video and really it sound like good idea.

• gardenman101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Dave.
    I did get ahold of the company and they really wernt any help at all. I have the FoodSaver vac. and love it. I use it on my mason jars allthough I havnt gotten the small mouth jar sealer yet. I was just hoping to use the assorted non-mason jars as well. I guess Ill have to pick up some oxegyn absorbers if i want to use theese jars. From the video that DeWitt has it just sounded like a good idea.

• gardenman101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok I now have the small mouth jar attachment for the foodsaver and a small supply of oxegyn absorbers for non-mason jars. Next question has to do with dehydrators and instead of new post i figured id ask here. Has anyone tried the "STX DEHYDRA 1200W - XLS 10 TRAY COMMERCIAL 100% STAINLESS FOOD DEHYDRATOR"? for the price it seems nice. I was leaning toward the excaliber one then I saw this one. If I remember correctly it was made in the USA. I have a cheap one someone gave me, but the problem is after a while the plastic trays get brittle and crack and break. I figured if Im going to buy one i might as well go semi top of the line and not have to worry about them. Any input would be appreciated. TY

• trampart
    10 years ago

I have had a wanted post on eBay for the past year. Deni JarVac was only listed a couple of times. They sold well in excess of $100, except last week one was listed for $99 Buy-It-Now and today a new one for $30 Buy-It-Now (I bought it - sorry!).

However, I've created a work around solution for those of you who have the FoodSaver (I got mine for $1).

Get FoodSaver's 3 Vacuum Storage Containers (Amazon). Use them just like the JarVac. I use the large one for my regular canning jars, as I've never been able to get the regular jar sealer to work (although the wide-mouth works like a charm).

Enjoy!