Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help needed!

Posted by sewcrazynurse MI zone 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 12 at 22:22

Years ago when I first started canning I got the best recipes from this site or sites recommeded to me by the ladies on this site. Since then I ahve been divorced and have lost all of my recipes and some of them were pretty darn good too!

So where can I start collecting recipes again. I would like meals in jars when possible

thank you for all of your help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help needed!

Maybe start with the Greatest Hits thread linked below, and list any others not in there where you remember bits and pieces so to speak (name, ingredients, or whatever) and I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction!

Here is a link that might be useful: Greatest Hits for Leesa

o

"Meals in jars" are iffy. There aren't many tested and approved ones, even for pressure canning, and none I can think of for BWB canning. There are the classics of course, chili, beef stew, beef in wine sauce and soups.

The Leesa's thread malna linked is the best place to start here. Have you got the Ball Blue Book or the Ball Complete Book?

Dave

o

I think I have a copy of the ball blue book. I also managed to get a bunch of my books in the divorce so I will have to go through them and see what I can find. I also wonder about the library.

o

The library might not be your best choice. Mine has a number of canning and preserving books that date back to the 70's--definitely not up to date. Your library may be different, so just be aware.

My favorite books are So Easy to Preserve, Ball Complete, Ball Blue Book. There are other good ones, but those are my "go-to" books on home food preservation.

For "meals in a jar" I make spaghetti sauce (some with meat, some without), different soups, and chili, using the approved recipes. There may be some other good ones that I haven't tried, but these are my standbys.

Jill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here