Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teriyaki sauce

Posted by sautesmom z9 Sacramento CA (My Page) on
Tue, May 3, 11 at 0:26

I'm not sure if this is exactly a "harvest" question (anyone out there growing pineapples?) but does anyone have a killer teriyaki sauce recipe? I am so tired of buying commercial bottles of teriyaki sauce and finding they are barely edible, plus full of preservative and high fructose corn syrup.

Carla in Sac

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teriyaki sauce

Teriyaki Sauce made at Home

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ginger powder
4 tbsp. lemon juice

Mix the above ingredients. Marinate your meat of choice (chicken,
steak tips, etc.). For best results leave in the marinade
overnight. Cook on the grill or as you see fit. Preparation time:
10 minutes.
Jim in So Calif

o

And if you want a sauce to pour over, use same ingredients, add some cornstarch and cook to thicken.

No mystery ingredients and you can alter to your taste.

NOT a canning recipe though, just make it fresh as needed.

Deanna

o

This is a prize winning sauce , not because it's mine , but I was there when it happened , sort of . I worked with a chef whose parents were from Japan . A famous restaurant ran a competition for best teriyaki sauce , and the chefs' ex-wife entered his familys' recipe . It won First Place , she won some bucks , he was po'd . He gave anyone that was interested the rescipe that day . I don't use exact measurement anymore , but here is the basic thing :

1 c. soy sauce
1 c. sugar
1/3 c. sherry
ginger
garlic

Simmer to melt sugar and meld spices . Tastes best if done ahead and left to age in the fridge .

You're going to like this and make it your own :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here