Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you think of this food saver?

Posted by jennieboyer 8 (My Page) on
Fri, May 25, 12 at 11:42

Hi All - I got an email regarding this food saver being on sale, and it looks like a great deal. Before I pull the trigger, though, wondering if any of you have thoughts on this model/brand. I do want something with the canister ability, and this one has it. Never used the canister on a system before, so would welcome thoughts/feedback on that. I am looking to replace a MUCH older foodsaver. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: foodsaver

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you think of this food saver?

The brand is fine - I have 2 of them tho not this model - and likely this model, though not their best by far, is okay too. If you can afford one of the better models then go for it. Most all models have canister adaptability.

The canisters are what I'll call moderately successful depending on what you store in them. They don't hold their seal indefinitely so aren't for long term storage and they aren't cheap either. We find there are much easier and better methods of long term dry storage.

I linked just some of the many previous discusions here on vacuum sealers for your review. Be sure to note the alternate sources for rolls and bags given in several of them.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Foodsaver discussions

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here