Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Presto 0178107 Canner -- need ideas please

Posted by momagain1 (My Page) on
Wed, May 4, 11 at 13:01

I cannot find a DOUBLE canning rack for it..

does anyone have a suggestion as to one?

I despise using my time/energy to can 6 jars at once when I could do 15 or more!!

I have googled it; but only come up with the single "holed" canning "rack" it comes with..

TIA!

Mar

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Presto 0178107 Canner -- need ideas please

As far as I know there is no such thing as a double canning rack for any pressure canner brand. You just use 2 of the regular flat racks. Often the deeper PCs come with 2 but usually you have to order an extra one.

One sits in the bottom of the PC as normal, jars sit on it, the second flat rack sits on top of the first layer of jars and the second layer of jars sits on it.

This is all you need: Presto canning rack

Many don't even use that but just stagger stack the jars so the top jars are sitting on the rims, not the lids of the jars below. A simple cake drying rack also works fine.

Dave

o
RE: Presto link

If you want to order it directly from Presto use the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Presto PC canning rack

o
RE: Presto 0178107 Canner -- need ideas please

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I have a couple of these (not sure of brand, got at Goodwill) and they turned black the first time I used them. Something in my water?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here