Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alabamanicole

Anyone else having difficultly finding jars?

alabamanicole
12 years ago

A couple of years ago I was going to be between houses, so I gave all my jars away to someone who needed them more than I needed to store them and move them a few times. Shopping for new jars, I have been able to find 1/2 pint Kerr jars at Big Lots, but nothing anywhere else at all. Wal-Mart has only a made in China brand "Better Homes and Gardens" and no wide mouth at all. No thanks, especially not in a pressure cooker.

This weekend I plan to make a trip to the next city which has more rural-oriented customers in the hope that the Big Lots there has other sizes, or perhaps Fred's.

I am hoping this is just a regional problem, but if anyone else is having trouble finding new jars I'd like to know. Prices online for jars are outrageous and most cases don't seem packed well for shipping -- but if there is going to be a shortage this year I'd rather order early than once canning season starts and they are sold out.

(And nope, no used ones either on Craiglist, FreeCycle, etc., but that isn't unusual here.)

Comments (11)