Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
campruby

Candied, Pickled Jalapenos

Campruby
11 years ago

I found this recipe online and tried it. These are SO delicious I just had to post the recipe. I am about to get started on our 3rd batch in as many months because we eat them so fast!

Here's the recipe:

3 pounds fresh, firm, jalapeno peppers, washed

2 cups cider vinegar

6 cups white granulated sugar

1/2 teaspoon turmeric

1/2 teaspoon celery seed

3 teaspoons garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Slice and seed peppers (wear gloves!). Bring the remaining ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add pepper slices and cook until the peppers take on a forest green color and appear "candied"; about 8-10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon and pack into sterilized jars (I use half-pints). Pour remaining syrup in pot over peppers in jars up to 1.4 inch from top of jar. Seal and process in hot water bath for 10 minutes (15 minutes for pints). These really should set for up to a week before being opened. A cracker, topped with cream cheese and a candied pepper slice, with a little syrup from the jar added on top of that, is DIVINE (I am totally addicted and have been known to make a meal off of them). Any remaining syrup I have is poured into jars and processed with the peppers.... to be used to glaze grilled meats or add to potato salad, etc. Delicious!!!!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor