Posted by berrybusy (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 23:57

Found at Goodwill - 14.99
Mirro Canner
16 qt (one layer size, anyway)
Newer, but still made in the USA,
needs a weight set and probably a new gasket

Just couldn't pass it up
Now I can get started on the next batch of veggies while the other one is cooling down

Any recommendations on where to find the gasket?
The new Mirros aren't the same and I don't think I can just pick one up at the hardware store.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My find

• Posted by bcskye 5 Brn.Co., IN (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 0:26

Congrats on a great find! If you have the model number of your new canner, you can check around at different hardware stores for a new gasket. I think True Value was a shop I found some at. You can also check at Rural King stores and Tractor Supply stores if you have them in your area. Check any 'mom and pop' type hardware stores in your area as well. You can also go to the Mirro website and see if they have anyone in your area listed as carrying them. If you don't find them in your area, let me know your model # and I'll see what I can find here. There's loads of places that carry all the canning supplies in this area. If you are going to order your weight set from Mirro, you'd probably want to consider ordering the gasket for your new canner at the same time.

o

Check out the "Was given a Mirro..." discussion just down the page for links to sources. If you buy it locally take the lid along to make sure it fits as some of the "subs for ..." gaskets don't actually work.

Congrats on the great find.

Dave

o

if you have a make and model I would try amazon.

o

if you have a make and model I would try amazon.

o

I've linked to a site that carries lots of parts for different canners. Listed by brand and model number (and differences in manufacture date on some).

Nice find!!!

Deanna

Here is a link that might be useful: Canner parts

o

Take it from me.. the "one size fits all" gaskets do not fit all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here