Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have a good Kim Chee recipe

Posted by michelelc 6B, MA (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 12 at 9:42

I have 4 big heads of Napa cabbage that I picked on Friday. Unfortunately, 2 started to bolt while I was away for the week on a work trip. Ugh, the weather has been crazy, we go from unseasonably cool to crazy hot!
I'd like to try to make some Kim Chee. I've never done it before. Will it be OK to use the Napa that started to bolt? It had just started, so no big flowers or anything. Does anyone have a good recipe?
Thanks,
Michele

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have a good Kim Chee recipe

If you Google it you find several sources, some are videos and some just step by step instructions and many are discussions about it here at GW - in the Hot Peppers forum and especially in the Cooking forum.

The issue with it is the safety of any particular recipe so take care with which you use.

Meanwhile I linked a long previous discussion about it here with recipes.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Kim Chee discussion

o
RE: Does anyone have a good Kim Chee recipe

Thanks Dave! I did a search here but I spelled Kim chee differently.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here