Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bean Frencher Instructions??

Posted by chickachee 3/MN (chickachee@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Jun 16, 14 at 22:20

Does anyone have instructions for using an old fashioned Schultes (cast iron) bean frencher? I'm buying one off eBay, but it doesn't come with instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sheila

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bean Frencher Instructions??

Feed and crank.

o

Once you see it it will be pretty obvious I think. Just clamp it to a table edge, set a bowl under it to catch them, stick the beans in 4-6 at a time and turn the crank.

But I have to ask - are you planning to can these? Not recommended as they turn into a very mushy paste. Freezing is a bit better but still mushy.

Dave

o

Dave, thanks for the info. Yeah, I was planning on canning them, but that does make sense that they'd turn to mush. Maybe I'll just stick to canning them in pcs. and use the frencher for making them fresh.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here