Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recipes for squash/zucchini casserole and stuffed mini peppers?

Posted by jennieboyer 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 12 at 22:23

I am looking for an easy yellow squash/zucchini casserole recipe that I can make for one person - two or three servings is fine - I love leftovers! Would like to avoid egg or bread crumbs. Looking for something creamy.

Also, have some mini bell peppers I'd like to stuff with something yummy - maybe spinach, mushrooms, onion, etc along with cheese? Not wanting to use tons of spices - just something easy and simple. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recipes for squash/zucchini casserole and stuffed mini pepper

There are many recipes for both over on the Cooking and the Recipe Exchange forums. It's linked near the top of this forum's front page.

Otherwise the search here pulls up:

101 Things to do Do with Zucchini and Summer Squash

and this one for stuffed peppers.
Dave

o

My favorite simple squash casserole is:

A layer of squash, a layer of onions, a layer of kielbasa sausage, and a layer of sharp cheddar cheese. Stir up some eggs with salt and pepper to taste, enough to cover it all and pour over the top.

I use 2 eggs in an 8" round X 3" deep casserole dish. Bake about 45 minutes at 375 F, until the cheese starts to brown.

Something I tried yesterday on a whim:

I had cooked some buffalo chicken legs, instead of wings with Texas Pete wing sauce in my pressure cooker. When I pulled the legs out and looked at all of that goodness left in the pot.... the little light popped up over my head!

I sliced up a few zucchini and tossed them in, put the lid on and set it for 3 minutes on high pressure. Wonderful!!!!

o

As simple as this seems, it is absolutely delicious!! IF there is any leftover, it freezes well.

ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE

6 Cups Sliced Zucchini
1 1/2 Pounds Ground Beef
1 Onion, diced
1 3/4 Cup Instant Rice
1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
1 lb 8oz carton Small Curd Cottage Cheese
2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Cup Grated Cheddar / Mozzarella Cheese, more to taste

Cook sliced Zucchini in a small amount of Water until tender. Be careful not to overcook, crisp is better. Drain and cool, set aside.

Fry Ground Beef and Onion until browned. Add Garlic Salt and Italian Seasonings and Rice.

Layer half the Zucchini in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Spread the Meat / Rice Mixture of the top. Spread the Cottage Cheese on top of the Meat / Rice Mixture. Layer with the rest of the Zucchini.

Thin the Mushroom Soup with 1 can of Milk and pour over all. Sprinkle the top with the Cheese. Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1.5 � 2 hours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here