Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A picture of the days harvest

Posted by ricman 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 23:02

Cucumbers, banana peppers ,Black Krim tomato , Big Beef tomato, Early Girl tomato, green zucchini, yellow squash, and onions. The largest tomato was 12 oz.
I picked some of the tomatoes earlier than I normally would because we have had some rain with more forecasted for tomorrow and I didn't want to lose any fruit to splitting.

Rick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A picture of the days harvest

There's a nice haul and much to be proud of too. A feast !

o

Looks delicious! We are a couple of months away from any harvest like that.

Deanna

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 12:47

I was going to say the same as Deanna - My zone 8 is weeks away from the warmth you must have had already in your 7 ;)

Looks great!

o

We have a new farm stand nearby that farms 150 acres all organically. Four acres of greenhouses!! I've been enjoying red cherry and little sungold tomatoes! Not ripened in the warm sun, but a far cry better than the "plastic" grocery store ones.
Cucumbers, zucchini, basil are available in addition to the traditional spring crops of strawberries, cabbage, broccoli, onions, lettuces, etc. It's getting me by while I wait for mine and the glut of the Willamette Valley to come.

Ahhhhhhhh...........summer!

Deanna

o

I grow mainly in containers and raised beds. I think this helps me get a jump early in the season as the soil temps heat up quicker. Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Rick

o

Looking good! We've had some peas, beets, onions and greens but on a small scale so far. I can't wait for a good garden tomato or yellow squash!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here