Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help - I lost my notes on Annie's Salsa!

Posted by bumble_doodle Z5 CT (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 30, 10 at 9:13

Last summer I literally spent days combing through all the posts on Annie's Salsa. There was/is so much great information out there. I believe it was malna who posted/compiled the recipe and listed what could safely be omitted or altered according to taste.

Well, I made two batches last summer and everyone LOVED it (thank you Annie!). Now I've gone and lost my notes on what I altered to suit out tastes (i.e we don't care for cilantro so I left it out, etc). Darnit.

I've copied what I THINK I did below. Could someone please tell me if this is safe? Thank you!

ANNIES (altered) SALSA

8 cups tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained 

2 1/2 cups chopped onion 

1 1/2 cups chopped green pepper 

3 5 chopped jalapenos 
(total peppers cannot exceed 1-3/4 cups.)

6 cloves minced garlic 

2 tsp cumin 

2 tsp pepper

1/8 cup canning salt

1/3 cup sugar

1/2 cup 5% cider vinegar

cup bottled lime juice

16 oz. tomato sauce

Mix all ingredients, bring to a boil, boil gently 10 minutes.
Pour into hot jars, process pints for BWB 15 minutes. 

Makes 6 pints

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help - I lost my notes on Annie's Salsa!

Yes, that's fine.

Carol

o

Thank you, Carol!

o
Glad to Help

You're welcome. I know how frustrating it is to lose notes. The way life is, you'll probably find them when canning season is over!

Carol

o

I agree, that's fine. I might try the addition of some lime juice to a batch myself, just so I don't get in a rut!

It's nearly time to start making it here, too.

Annie

o

Thanks, Annie! I didn't have quite enough tomatoes from our garden so I had to supplement with some from the farm market. I'm hoping the next batch will be all home grown but we just couldn't wait that long. We've been salsa free for two months. Yikes!

Carol, you read my mind. Those notes will pop up the second I pack up the canner. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here