Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angeliac_gw

Can my Linda Lou's be saved?

angeliac
16 years ago

After completing two batches of Linda Lou's Sweet Pickle Chunks, I discovered an accidental omission. I checked several posts to make sure the recipe was the same on each.

I followed the recipe to the letter. Then yesterday when I was looking for something else I ran across another post for the recipe, with a follow-up several threads down the page from Linda Lou that stated on the day the cucumbers are packed, you should boil the syrup before pouring over the cukes. This was not in the previous copies I cut and pasted.

I knew you normally put hot food or liquid into hot jars. I was a little afraid of not having something hot so I did the following:

I put cukes into hot jars, poured syrup over cukes. Then I immediately placed them into several inches of hot water (in the sink) for a minute or two while I removed each one for sealing. Then they all went into the boiling water bath.

Can these be saved or do I need to just start over? I am out of the 24 hour window or reprocessing. No failed seals.

I thought by finding the recipe on several posts - from this year - and comparing, I would ensure I got it right. I'm new to canning pickles, so this is a learning year.

Thanks for all the great help everyone so graciously gives. I absolutely love the pickles. I am lucky to have enough to fill the jars by the time my father-in-law is finished "tasting". :-)

AngeliaC

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville