Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
JarBoxes - any one have any experience with them?

Posted by hoover67 7a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 11:57

I am looking at purchasing some JarBoxes. Has anyone actually seen them in person? They are expensive. After having knocked over my stack of canning jars, I am thinking that they may be a good investment. You would not believe how many jars are broken! :(

You can see them at JarBox.com .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: JarBoxes - any one have any experience with them?

I looked at them but thought they were wa-a-a-y too expensive. Even then, I use pint jars far more than quarts and saw a lot of wasted space if I stored them in these containers.

I use the boxes at the link. Exceptionally sturdy. There is a previous discussion.

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Canning Jar Boxes

o

Agree they are too costly to be worth using. Cardboard boxes work fine and are cheap or even free.

I just couldn't find any advantages to them, much less one to make them worth the cost.

Dave

o

Wow! I had not found the cardboard boxes. That is what I was searching for. The price is much better!

Thanks!
Now if I could just find some free or really cheap canning jars to replace the ones I broke!

o

If you have an active local freecycle, you might try posting an ad requesting canning jars. I did that and scored a huge haul of quart and pint jars...almost 200 of them, if I remember correctly. They all came from the same person. I see other people posting requests from time to time, so part of it must be just luck of the timing.

Sorry about your jar mishap. I'm sure the cleanup was not a fun chore! I dropped an empty jar last week and it hit the edge of a heavy glass mixing bowl. The jar shattered and shards were all over the kitchen. I was barefoot at the time and couldn't move until my husband brought my shoes and helped with the cleanup. The dishwasher was open and glass particles were in the machine and dishes, particles were all over the counters, across the room, and even down in the garbage disposal. Thankfully, no open food containers were out.

Jill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here