Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I had forgotten about planting these

Posted by CountrySunshine none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 13, 12 at 12:18

and so did Larry.... until I ran out of onions and was going to run to the store... Larry remembered the neighbor giving us some of their left over onion sets and that I had planted them way down at the end of the field.... where it did manage to stay slightly damper than up at the top of the meadow... so he drove down and these are what he brought back... along with some orange and yellow bells that finally managed to get their color going on.. (Wish we had planted a lot more of these, but there is always next year to look forward to ) Now the onions I planted up at the top of the meadow didn't do nearly as well because it was so dry... and I had already used up all that we had that turned out half decent... Now I wish I had planted the whole lot down at the bottom of the field..
Live and learn... The melon isn't ours but came from Campbell MO... Larry set aside these larger tomatos to give some to his aunt and for us to just nosh on... yummm I love them for snacking...
Carolyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I had forgotten about planting these

• Posted by bcskye 5 Brn.Co., IN (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 13:36

Looks so good and yummy!

o
RE: I had forgotten about planting these

To make sweet peppers turn color quicker, pick them when they just start to have some color on the green, close them up in a paper bag with an apple, and let them sit for a day or two.

Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here