Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie's stupid question about Katie's garlic tomato soup

Posted by tomatotomata 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 12:19

I have a bunch of ripe tomatoes in the garden so I started looking for soup recipes. Of course, I checked GW first, and Katie's garlic tomato soup sounds great. However, I am not much of a cook, so here is my stupid question:

Seeds. Do I remove the seeds before roasting?

And if yes: how?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie's stupid question about Katie's garlic tomato soup

You can if you wish. Some do, some don't. The seeds don't bother many folks but some of us feel they add a bitterness we prefer to leave out.

If you choose to then I just cut the tomatoes in halves, or quarters if they are really big. Then just use your thumb to pop out the seed gel pack in each half or quarter. You won't get every seed but it does get 95%% of them.

If the tomatoes are over-ripe and won't hold their shape when cut then you can always just invert them over a bowl and gently squeeze. Most seeds will squeeze out.

Hope this helps.

Dave

o
RE: Newbie's stupid question about Katie's garlic tomato soup

Thanks, Dave. I see your GW name on other forums, and you are always so helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here