Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canning Question

Posted by jude31 6 E Tn (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 12:58

I was making the Chunky Tomato Salsa recipe and due to time constraints decided to refrigerate the chopped tomatoes as well as the chopped onion and garlic,in separate containers. Checked my schedule and thought I had enough time to go ahead and cook the sauce and finish when I returned from Dr. appt. After I returned I went ahead brought the tomatoes with the other ingredients to a boil and canned them.

Problem? I forgot the onion and garlic. My jars all sealed but do you think they will keep alright or do I need to freeze them.

TIA

jude

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canning Question

They are fine. Just a different tomato sauce. :) If less than 24 hours you can re-do it and add the onion and garlic if you want. Just start from scratch with all ingredients mixed, clean jars, new lids, re-process.

Dave

o
RE: Canning Question

Thanks, Dave.

jude

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here