Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dehydrator with no directions

Posted by jennieboyer 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 13:55

I recently received a free dehydrator from a friend, who also got it from a friend. Unfortunately, it is a no-name (and by that I mean literally there is no name on the machine) with no directions. It also simply has an on/off switch. Is there any way of knowing (or guessing) how long some things may take to dehydrate? I don't know whether to start in the evening and let run all night or start in the morning and watch during the day. I know that is a very ambiguous question, but I'm truly stumped :-(

Thanks in advance!

Jennie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dehydrator with no directions

• Posted by malna NJ 5/6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 15:04

Hard to say without more info.

Is it round with a fan on the bottom? Fan on top? Stackable trays and how many? Square with a door and where is the fan?

Each design dries differently with different timing. Let us know what style you have, and we can go from there.

o

• Posted by digdirt 6b-7a North AR (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 15:21

No temperature control? Temp control is almost required for some things. No ID plate on the bottom with a model or serial number? White plastic? Brown plastic? Clear trays or what? Post a picture of it.

Dave

o

Nope - no temperature control :-(. I found a model number on the bottom (2693) but no brand. It is white plastic with five clear trays. Fan on the bottom

I did find a possible match online - Aroma AFD-615. If this is it, looks like it dries at about 150 degrees, and takes a LONG time for most things.....

Doesn't mention things like kale, sweet potatoes, etc., which is what I want to do......

o

Looks like this one, instructions shouldn't be hard to come by, they are simple machines.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aroma dehydrator

o

• Posted by Skie_M Zone 7 (Southwestern (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 19:21

Ehh ... I had one very similar to that which I got from Wal-Mart a long time ago ...

It took 20 - 24 hours to dry my jerky ... As I recall, the drying times for most plants was somewhere between 12 and 16 hours, but it advised the user to check the contents and move the trays around (further down towards the fan dries fastest) every few hours or so ...

If you just want your stuff to get dry and crisp for long-term storage, start it in the evening and let it go till morning, and then check it.

o

• Posted by digdirt 6b-7a North AR (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 22:20

You can download the manual right from their website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dehydrator manual

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here