Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cinnamon Watermelon Rind Pickles

Posted by blondiesc SC ZONE 7b (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 14:04

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the recipe from the Ball Fresh Preserving website for Cinnamon Watermelon Rind Pickles. I have made several different recipes with the rinds in the past but they always have called for several different spices. The only spice this one calls for is cinnamon sticks. I love cinnamon so this appeals to me, but just wondering if anyone has any experience with the recipe. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cinnamon Watermelon Rind Pickles

Bump

o

Blondie did you try this? I think I will do this tomorrow, trying to get pickles and relishes today.
kim

o

I've made this. I'm not a big fan of cinnamon, but the texture was just right. Next batch I put in my fav spices - cloves and nutmeg. I liked it a lot! I also made watermelon jelly and salted watermelon jelly which everyone loves, including me, from the fruit part, finding that the pulp nearest the seeds was the tastiest. I have a fellow farmer friend who gives me his recently cracked watermelons and I make some jelly for him in return.
Nancy

o

Sorry that I didn't see this until now. I did try the recipe but didn't care for the taste of them. The texture was very good, but I felt like they needed more spices.

Nancedar, you have tempted me to try the watermelon jelly. That sounds really good!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here