Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Me Disguise Dry Zucchini Bread

Posted by lois PA Zone 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 11 at 14:15

Hi,

I baked some zucchini bread and it came out kind of dry. Is there anything I could do to disguise the dryness, for example spread cream cheese on each slice? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Me Disguise Dry Zucchini Bread

cheese and butter. mind you I put cheese on anything.

o

Vegetable and fruit breads, unless you leave out all the oil or fat, are usually so moist - that is what they are known for - moistness.
I don't even know how to make a dry vegetable/fruit bread unless I short other moisture sources.
If your zucchini recipe is too dry next time, grate in a mango, peach, apple. some plumbs, berries, pineapple or/and???
Maybe you need a new recipe. There are thousands of them for these kinds of breads.
Jim in So Calif

o

For this batch - warm in MW, spread with butter.

Next batch - add applesauce if you don't want to add oil.

o

It makes wonderful french toast. Dipped in egg batter with a bit of cinnamon added and fried, served with butter and syrup eliminates any and all dryness. :)

Dave

o

cream cheese, oh yea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here