Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Ideas for stretching raspberries?

2ajsmama
12 years ago

I've got a small amount of raspberries available, I tried Joy of Jams recipe that calls for 2 lbs of berries, 3C of sugar and 2 Tbsp lemon juice, says it makes "2 pints". I got 2 halfpints plus a little, hurried to add another lb of berries, 1C of sugar and 1 Tbsp lemon juice to get 4 half pint jars. Maybe I cooked it down too much (my DH likes it thick so it doesn't drip off his PBJ). Or maybe our berries were extra juicy.

I've got 1 lb left over that are going soft (picked Wed), DD wanted some b/c I used the ones we picked Sunday for jam too (same thing - 4 lbs of berries made 24 oz of Ferber Choc. Rasp. "sauce" and 2 jars of jam). But she hasn't been able to eat them all. So what can I do with 1 lb of raspberries, maybe half that of black raspeberries, lots of frozen (from last year) blackberries, almost 3 pints of storebought blueberries (she said she'd eat them but she has been just eating the wild ones I pick each day)? I've got 2 pints of homemade apple pectin in the basement, some frozen strawberries, and some blueberry-currant juice (sweetened with apple and grape juice concentrate, the brand starts with a W) that I bought thinking it might make an interesting jelly (but I haven't tested it for pectin levels).

Another thing is that if I want to sell this, I have to use mostly home-grown fruit (I suppose some store-bought is OK, since storebought sugar and pectin are allowed LOL).

Looking for a good combination, something a bit unusual that could sell. Thanks.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH