Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janisj_gw

Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate

janisj
11 years ago

I'm in the process of making strawberry lemonade concentrate, and I'd really like to can it in quarts rather than pints. Unfortunately, the only recipes I can find call for processing in pints. Do you know of any recipes that would provide processing time for quarts? Thanks so much!

Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate

Ball Website

Makes about 7 (16 oz) pints

6 cups hulled strawberries

4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice

6 cups granulated sugar

Directions:

1.) PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready to use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.

2.) PUR�E strawberries in a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, working in batches, until smooth. Transfer to a large stainless steel saucepan as completed.

3.) ADD lemon juice and sugar to strawberry puree, stirring to combine. Heat to 190� F over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. Remove from heat and skim off foam.

4.) LADLE hot concentrate into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.

5.) PROCESS jars in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.

QUICK TIP:

To reconstitute, mix one part concentrate with one part water, tonic water or ginger ale. Adjust concentrate to suit your taste.

Half RecipeYou will need:Directions:

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths