Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank you Linda Lou!

Posted by KSprairie 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 20:44

I just wanted to say thank you to Linda Lou!
Last year I put up several batches of your Zucchini Relish.
Everyone that has tried it has loved it. We only gifted a few jars last year (my husband was somewhat unwilling to share), but we have already been asked if we would please do that again!
Thank you for sharing your recipe and experience!
KSprairie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank you Linda Lou!

You are so welcome. I am glad you enjoy the recipe so much.
A great way to use up all those zucchini, too.

o

I am probably going to be making another batch of Zucchini Relish this week. If we want to spice it up just a bit, do you think it would be OK to add one very small fresh pepper to each pint jar? I am growing some Tabasco peppers this year that I'd like to try use. They are so small (but very hot), they don't even register on my digital kitchen scale. They weigh less than a quarter ounce anyway.
I've seen a lot of folks suggest dried red pepper flakes or dried chili peppers to add heat to pickled recipes, which I can do. I just wanted to use what is fresh and available, if that would work.
thank you!

o

Just add it to the other ingredients and measure it in with them.

o

Thank you!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here