Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
South Caroline Peaches

Posted by tammyinwv z6/WV (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 21:04

Today I canned 13 quart jars of peaches. Lost one when the jar broke, and still have almost another half bushel to go. We brought these back from our vacation at Myrtle Beach, SC. These are the sweetest, juiciest peaches ever. Nothing I buy around here can compare. I am kind of a novice at canning. Just do a few things every yr.
Tammy
check out these beauties:

Here is a link that might be useful: South Carolina Peaches

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: South Caroline Peaches

Good work! Nice looking peaches.

Dave

o

You know, SC grows more peaches than Georgia, which is the peach state.

I've canned more peach things this summer than I've ever canned before. BBQ sauce, chutney, butter, salsa, and yet to come... Brandied peach jam, and Lavender Peach Jam. Not to mention the small batch of freezer jam with blueberries in it. And I ate probably 8 or 10 plain.

All total, that's about a bushel, I guess. Two full pecks of first quality peaches and probably another 30 pounds of bruised peaches. Spread across 3 trips to the local orchard.

o

I love these peaches. i thought the price sounded high, but checked my local walmart when i got home and their peaches are half the size and .85 / lb. Sams Club here had some nice size ones for $7.48 / 4 lb. So i guess my $22 per half bushel wasnt too bad
would you mind posting the recipe for your bbq sauce?
Tammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here