Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
genethenewguy

Two observations

GeneTheNewGuy
11 years ago

I have 2 observations to share, hope you don't mind.

I have been watching YouTube canning videos. The ones by BAll are good. But there any many videos by amateurs and preppers that are just totally unsafe and wrong. I am a rookie, the new guy, but I am very careful to be safe and learn properly. If you want to amuse yourself, just go to YouTube and search "home canning". Some excellent videos, some awful and dangerous. You may, or maybe not, be amazed, even shocked, at what people are posting vides of them canning. I saw one guy canning tomatoes, he said to bring the pressure canner up to 15 pounds then turn it off and wait for it to cool off. HMMMMM

The other thing is pricing on Ebay. I am taking my time and looking for a bargain, but I have seen, for example, an All American 921, used but good condition, selling for a little over $200 PLUS $50 IN SHIPPING !!! Are you kidding me? You bid and paid that much? Racks missing, baskets missing, etc. You can buy a brand spankin new one from Amazon for $199 plus about $18 shipping. Same situation on Presto new canners selling for a LOT more than Amazon plus crazy shipping prices. (not much being sold here locally by our local merchants, I'd rather support our local merchants but they're just not carrying anything.)

To each their own, but I am looking for a fairly recent American made Presto 22 -23 quart, not a new chinese made one. I am amazed at what people will pay on Ebay, plus it will be missing the rack, basket, knob, something, etc. I'll take my time and I will eventually find what I am seeking and I won't over pay.

I'm not disparaging those who purchase a new one made in china, I just prefer the American made, which is getting harder and harder to find.

Well, that's my 2 cents worth. Thanks for listening. Good night to all. Gene

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio