Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Freezing Apples for Apple Pie Jam

Posted by jrslick KS/5 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 3:40

Hello,

With the warm spring and no late freeze, Apples are going to be very plentiful this fall here in Kansas. My in-laws have several apple trees and we use them to make Linda Lou's Apple Pie Jam. We sell in at our Farmers Market stands.

My question is this, can you freeze the apples for this and if so, what would be the best way to do this? I was thinking about running them through my slicer/peeler and then freeze the slices in batch sized bags. Or run them through the slicer/peeler and then chop them up and bag up in batch sized bags?

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated. We will make lots of jam, but I don't have time to make it all into jam. To give you an idea, this was my apple pie jam making session last year. Apples weren't very plentiful so I had to sub in some other to make everything.

Photobucket

Thanks,

Jay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Freezing Apples for Apple Pie Jam

Wow. That's a buncha jars!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here