Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mrs. Wages dill pickle packet

Posted by kerryv (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 29, 14 at 8:58

Have any of you used this before? I have for a few years and also have pickled banana peppers using the dill pickle brine. Do you see any reason that I couldn't also use jalape�o with that brine as well?

http://www.mrswages.com/Page/Fresh_Style_Dill_Pickles.aspx?nt=437

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mrs. Wages dill pickle packet

• Posted by digdirt 6b-7a North AR (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 29, 14 at 13:59

No there is no reason why you can't use it with jalapenos IF you really want dilled jalapenos. The sweet pickle mix and the bread and butter mix are flavors that are far more compatible with jalapenos for most folks.

Dave

o

I was thinking they'd be kinda liked pickled jalapenoes.... The kind you put on nachos or subs?

o

• Posted by digdirt 6b-7a North AR (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 29, 14 at 16:45

They would be except for the dill. If you look at all the Pickled Peppers recipes for the ones like you refer to you'll see they are normally made with some sugar, mustard and celery seed rather than dill. Dill tends to give hot peppers a bitter after-taste. But it's your choice.

Dave

o

If you want pickled jalapenos, just find safe directions for them and make them. I've pickled peppers and it's just as easy to make them from scratch as try to use a mix. Basically it's vinegar and peppers. I agree with Dave, dill and hot peppers don't sound very good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here