Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Sweet pickles with cloves and coriander?

2ajsmama
10 years ago

I can't find my recipe, I have 1 jar of pickles in the fridge (with an old Classico lid) that are sweet, no onion, have mustard seed, what looks like coriander seed (may have been from a commercial pickling spice mix, or I picked them out of the spice mix since I didn't buy coriander seed), and cloves. Since I threw the canning lid away (and these were apparently my last jar, I give most of my sweet pickles to my dad since DH and the kids don't like them), I don't know what recipe I used but I'm sure it was an approved one. Does anybody know of a recipe using coriander and cloves? I thought it might be one of Linda Z's, but can't find it in my copy of Joy of Pickling. Not in Ball Complete either, and I gave my BBB to my sister. Not on NCHFP site.

Definitely a pickling spice mix - I see an allspice berry and some dill seed in there too, that is the mix in the bottle in my pantry (also says it has cinnamon but I didn't see any pieces/sticks and the brine is not cloudy so not ground). But I must have added the cloves - 2 per pint. I can drain the jar and try to measure the pickling spice (probably 1 Tbsp) but what I really need is vinegar/water/sugar amounts. I had tried Linda Z's Bread and Butters and found them not sweet enough, this jar is perfect!

Thanks!

This post was edited by ajsmama on Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 12:14

Comments (3)