Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Banana peppers getting purple color on them?

Posted by meta (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 08 at 9:37

I can take a picture if you really need to see what's going on but the topic says it all. Purple is streaking into my not-yet-fully-matured banana peppers.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Banana peppers getting purple color on them?

The purple streaks on the banana and Hungarian sweet or hot peppers is perfectly normal.

o

Wow, I've just had so many of these and this is the first color change...weird.

Thanks!

o

Normal coloration that can happen when they grow past maturity. I see tinges of purple on many of my ligher green peppers too.

o

Ken, The peppers do not have to be mature to have the purple streaks. I sell all types of peppers at the Farmer's Market, hybrids as well as open-pollinated Hungarians, Jalapenos, Cubanelles. You name it, I probably sell it. Weather conditions as well as temperature can have a huge effect on the ripening.

o

I only see it here on bigger mature pepperoncini, so it I guess it can very with the pepper types.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here