Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Most amazing gift

Posted by lilycrazy Zone 5- Iowa (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 10:40

My good friends know I am a canning nut, but they also know that this year my fiance and I have had some financial struggles, so out of the blue they surprised me with a brand new Presto Pressure Canner and 4 cases of brand new jars- I was just in shock !! Now I'm no longer limited to high acid foods !!! Plus I was gifted several dozen older jars to wash and use- just goes to show that in a "community" of people who appreciate these kinds of things, alot of generosity exists. These friends will be enjoying a lot of homecanned goodies all winter long !!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Most amazing gift

You have some AWESOME friends! It will be a gift that keeps on giving, though - LOL. Keep those folks happy!

Congratulations - and enjoy your gifts!

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 12:06

lily, that's wonderful. Most of us have experienced a bad year or two, with patience and good people around us just about anything can be overcome. Look at it this way, you know how much you are loved and that's a gift in itself.

Enjoy that canner - I'm sure it will have a special place in your house for many years :)

o

That is really a great gift from what are obviously really good friends. Now all you have to buy is the 3 piece weight set for the Presto and you are good to go.

Have you already got a copy of the Ball Blue Book?

Dave

o

Your joy will be complete again on that day in the future when you are able to do something loving and generous for a friend who will appreciate it as much as you do now. I'm happy that you have such wonderful friends! Enjoy.

o

wow...amazing gift!

How happy would they be when you gift them a few jars of goodies in the winter as a Christmas gift!?!?!?

o

That is a great gift. Have fun with it.
Kim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here