Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hot Pepper Sauce

Posted by SneakyP86 7B (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 12:50

I have had a bounty of hot peppers Habanero, Jalapeno,Cayenne and Thai. I have already made 30 quarts of Annie's Salsa using different hotness per batch. I now have between 5-10 pounds of differing hot peppers with more to come. I am looking for a good recipe to can some hot pepper sauce. I used this recipe to make some fresh sauce last year and really liked it. It doesn't say anything about being able to can it. If any of the expert caners are around could you please take a look at it and tell me what you think? If you know of one that is known to be safe could you provide a link please...TIA

� Rubber gloves
� 1 lb. cayenne pepper
� 1 � tablespoon minced garlic
� 1 slice onion
� 1 � tablespoon chopped cilantro
� 1 can diced tomato (28 oz.)
� 1 cup cider vinegar
� 7 oz. of water
� Knife
� Heavy pan
� Blender
○ 1
Cut off the pepper stems and cut the peppers into thin slices.
○ 2
Combine all of the ingredients in a large heavy pot and bring to a boil. Boil for one hour.
○ 3
Reduce heat and simmer the sauce for one hour. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
○ 4
Pour the cooled mixture into a blender and process until smooth.
○ 5
Return the mixtPour the finished sauce into a clean glass jar after it cools and store in the refrigerator.
○ ure to the pan and bring to a boil while stirring. After it comes to a boil, remove from the stove.

Pour the finished sauce into a clean glass jar after it cools and store in the refrigerator

I am particularly looking for something to use on hot wings more than anything else.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot Pepper Sauce

Sorry but look at the recipe above. With all those symbols it is impossible to read or sort out as is so can't be of any help.

Check out the link below for all sorts of discussions about making hot sauce.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Hot sauce discussions

o

Thats weird none of the symbols were there when I cut and pasted it but I'll try it again. Maybe it was becuase I copied it from my MS Office program here it is from the web link.

Cut off the pepper stems and cut the peppers into thin slices.

Combine all of the ingredients in a large heavy pot and bring to a boil. Boil for one hour.

Reduce heat and simmer the sauce for one hour. Remove from heat and allow to cool.

Pour the cooled mixture into a blender and process until smooth.

Return the mixture to the pan and bring to a boil while stirring. After it comes to a boil, remove from the stove.

Pour the finished sauce into a clean glass jar after it cools and store in the refrigerator.

o

oops forgot the ingrediants here they are.

Things You'll Need

Rubber gloves
1 lb. cayenne pepper
1 � tablespoon minced garlic
1 slice onion
1 � tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 can diced tomato (28 oz.)
1 cup cider vinegar
7 oz. of water
Knife
Heavy pan
Blender

o

ignore the symbols between the 1 and 1/2 don't know where that came from.

o

As long as you don't try to can it, just keep it in the fridge, it is probably ok. It meets the minimal vinegar to water ratio for untested recipes. But more vinegar and less water will increase its safety and its storage life.

No canning but it could be frozen with no problems.

Dave

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here