Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sneakyp86

Hot Pepper Sauce

SneakyP86
11 years ago

I have had a bounty of hot peppers Habanero, Jalapeno,Cayenne and Thai. I have already made 30 quarts of Annie's Salsa using different hotness per batch. I now have between 5-10 pounds of differing hot peppers with more to come. I am looking for a good recipe to can some hot pepper sauce. I used this recipe to make some fresh sauce last year and really liked it. It doesn't say anything about being able to can it. If any of the expert caners are around could you please take a look at it and tell me what you think? If you know of one that is known to be safe could you provide a link please...TIA

� Rubber gloves

� 1 lb. cayenne pepper

� 1 � tablespoon minced garlic

� 1 slice onion

� 1 � tablespoon chopped cilantro

� 1 can diced tomato (28 oz.)

� 1 cup cider vinegar

� 7 oz. of water

� Knife

� Heavy pan

� Blender

â 1

Cut off the pepper stems and cut the peppers into thin slices.

â 2

Combine all of the ingredients in a large heavy pot and bring to a boil. Boil for one hour.

â 3

Reduce heat and simmer the sauce for one hour. Remove from heat and allow to cool.

â 4

Pour the cooled mixture into a blender and process until smooth.

â 5

Return the mixtPour the finished sauce into a clean glass jar after it cools and store in the refrigerator.

â ure to the pan and bring to a boil while stirring. After it comes to a boil, remove from the stove.

Pour the finished sauce into a clean glass jar after it cools and store in the refrigerator

I am particularly looking for something to use on hot wings more than anything else.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths