Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thought You Might Get A Kick Out Of This

Posted by theforgottenone1013 5b/6a MI (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 13:21

I was in a store looking at stock pots earlier this year and when I read the tag on one of them, I couldn't help but think "Wth?". It's like no one even proofread it. So I took a picture of the tag then proceeded to forget about it.

Well I recently found the picture and I thought I'd share it with you all. There's minor grammatical errors on it but there is also one rather major blunder in the "Use And Care Instructions". See if you can spot what I'm referring to. Keep in mind that this was the tag of a stock pot.
 photo StockpotTag1_zps4a732ea6.jpg

Even without the mistakes on the tag, the pot seemed like it was cheaply made. Not something worth spending money on, no matter how little the cost (I believe it was around $20). I didn't buy it, if you're wondering, just looked at it.

Rodney

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thought You Might Get A Kick Out Of This

Oh how funny...
Thanks for a good mid-week laugh!
Edie

o

They have to be kidding! What the heck are you supposed to use this for - a planter???

Carol

o

Just shows how stupid people have become, I like the ones where it says to remove the plastic from turkey before cooking.

o

Umm, my mom once forgot to remove the (wrapped) giblets from a turkey...

But gee, I guess you could cook with this stockpot on an open fire? Only option I see left.

o

Fridge storage of course! Hee hee!
Thanks for the giggle.

Deanna

o

I bought a frozen dessert one and on the underside of the package, where the instructions were, it said "Do Not Turn Over"

o

• Posted by LKZZ 7b (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 17:07

I'll bet it's a Chinese translation.
Those are often pretty amusing.

o

You never know . . .

I have a friend who does not cook and was thrilled to discover Top Ramen when it was served. So she bought some, went home, cooked the noodles . . . and left the little foil seasoning packet floating unopened in the liquid. She had difficulty understanding why the noodles tasted so bland.

I guess she thought the noodles were seasoned through osmosis.

Carol

o

Love the bottom where it says great kitchens start with great cookware.

Every time I see one of these stupid directions I think of Hitchickers Guide to the Galaxy and the inside out insane asylum. You know where the guy decides after reading instructions on a box of toothpicks that the rest of the world is insane so he builds his house inside out and locks the world in the insane asylum. Ahh, if only we could ;-)

I was paiting the wood for my molding this morning and CA has made every piece of pine molding (even the pith blocks) to individually be labled "wood dust created by construction activities contains chemicals known to the state of CA to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust." Thanks CA because I really enjoyed the feel of pine dust in my lungs up until I read that your state and only your state discourages the breathing in of wood dust. Good thing MD doesn't give a crap about my health. Too bad we all have to pay extra for all your warning labels on everything - every made - everywhere - because of CA and their extra warning for stupid people who like to do stupid things and have no common sense.

o

Yeah, but you would be amazed how many people do not understand the hazards associated with construction materials. Especially the guys who work construction, the electricians etc...I worked in construction and had to nag to get people to take their health seriously.

o

I had to do a double take on this... Then caught it! Lol. Thanks for the laugh!

o

Hey, Kali, there are a ton of lawyers here in CA! What can I say???? LOL

o

Ahh. Lawyers. Well, at least someone is making money from all these labels.

I still don't think my jar of peanuts needs to be labeled "Allergy warning: contains nuts" though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here