Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dgkritch

Truth is stranger than fiction..........

dgkritch
16 years ago

Really, I'm NOT making this up....

My DH and I usually carpool to work. On Thursday when I picked him up, I walked to the time clock with him (don't usually do that) and just happened to notice a flyer on the bulletin board.

It said "Last day to get raffle tickets for Kitchen Aid Mixer is tomorrow".

I teased DH about whether he got ME in on the raffle. He said "no" and we headed for home.

On Friday, we did not carpool. I went to the Farmer's Market after work and just beat him home by about 10 minutes........I was up to my eyeballs in produce and scrambling to get things cooled down, put away, etc.

DH comes in the door, then heads back out to his car and walks in with this!!

{{gwi:923388}}

I just about had a heart attack! Yep, he went to work on Friday, bought $20 worth of tickets and he won the darned thing!!

WAHOO!!! A new toy!

See, truth really IS stranger than fiction!!

Deanna

Comments (12)

• annie1992
    16 years ago

Oh wow, Deanna, that's wonderful and it's a GREAT color!

Congratulations, I really like mine, although I'm still learning. Mine was a gift from wizardnm, she had duplicates!

Annie

• susandonb
    16 years ago

WOW! I am so jealeous! I have been wanting one for 15 years, no kidding, just never could afford one. How blessed you are.

Congrats! I see many cookies, cakes, breads, muffins...in your future. :)

Susan in NC

• dgkritch
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Blessed is right! It's something I NEVER would have gone out a purchased for myself.
    The little sticker is an Oregon Ducks sticker.....
    My DH's boss is a big "Duck guy" and my DH supports our other Oregon college team, the Beavers. His boss had to put a sticker on it since it was "Duck Green". :+)

Deanna

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

Oh congratulations! I used my new KA mixer for the first time this past Saturday and I LOVE IT! It is so nice to walk away from the mixer and it just keep mixing on auto-pilot....LOL!

Michelle

• readinglady
    16 years ago

Wow, Deanna. That is definitely Ducks green! I'm just thinking it's a good thing he wasn't a Beavers fan. Green seems a little easier to live with than fiery orange!

Congratulations. You will love your mixer. And kudos to your DH who bought all those tickets.

Carol

• kent4489
    16 years ago

Great! Congratulations to you! Have fun!

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

what an excellent win - hope the first thing you make is something special for your man.

i love mine, it's about 20 years old and still going strong and gets plenty of use.

happy mixing!
    maryanne

• ahbee01
    16 years ago

What a great win! Now all you need is the juice and grinder attachments and you will be set! It makes making tomato sauce a snap, apple sauce too! We also grind our deer meat into hamburger for jerky making!
    I thought the color was a John Deer green myself!
    Have fun,
    Brenda

• lyndaluu2
    16 years ago

That is so cool!! I love the color too!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! So much to bake ahhhhh

Linda

• zabby17
    16 years ago

Hey, Deanna, congrats!

I always knew you were a winner....

Zabby

• dgkritch
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Aw, gee, thanks Zabby!

Brenda: that's what I told DH.....I'm looking for a John Deere decal!! LOL

I still haven't had time to play............. :+((

It's been one of those weeks......good, but busy!

Deanna

• lesa0915
    16 years ago

Wow! Lucky you! KitchenAid is expensive. I have a KitchenAid Accolade 400 mixer and I truly love it! All those recipes I have that call for constant hand stirring are now a breeze with this!!

I also have a KitchenAid wide mouth food processor and the love affair continues! This was so helpful when I made pickles as it slices them in a matter of seconds! I love this food processor on Thanksgiving and even just for slicing potatoes to fry :)

The mixer and food processor are the very best investment I ever made for my kitchen. As my sister said, "Every woman deserves a KitchenAid." Amen!