Return to the Harvest Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dave or someone - Can you help with Cucumber Relish Please?

Posted by judydel (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 21, 11 at 15:25

So I used my Zyliss to cut up the cucumbers. I think the cut is perfect for relish. Anyway, as you can see in the photo there is juice. Do I add the juice to the mixture? Also, the Zyliss sometimes peeled some of the skin off. Without thinking I threw these skins in the sink and now I'm wondering if I should have chopped them up and kept them in the mixture. Will this effect the acidity or will the vinegar take care of that?

Thanks for all your help!!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dave or someone - Can you help with Cucumber Relish Please?

Add juice and all otherwise it is too thick for proper heat penetration. I chop mine skins and all but leaving some of them out won't hurt anything - doesn't help but doesn't hurt either.

Dave

o

Dave, just wanted to say thanks for all of your recent help : )
The relish is delicious and was pretty easy. I appreciate your pointing out the approved recipe. I had a productive weekend overall, 10 jars of peach jam, dill cucumber relish, dehydrated and frozen peaches. Soon I'll be moving on to raspberries. DH has 200 bushes just starting to ripen. He told me last week that there are so many berries he's scared! lol. He sells what we don't eat/put up to a restaurant and local farm stand.

Photobucket

o

Looks great! I like the look of the yellow peppers in the relish too. We always use red bell peppers but I think I'll make some up with the yellow ones too for different look. We don't use much dill relish in our house, sweet relish is our primary type, so Haven't made it for several years but are down to our last 2006 jar so it is in the offing too.

Dave

PS: I envy your kitchen counter tops!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Harvest Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here